Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Dragon & His Princess: Artbook Cover design

I'm responsible to design the cover of our artbook too.
So after one day of backache working on Adobe lllustrator & Photoshop
These are the outcomes~

Front cover

Back cover
(which usually sadly is empty & er... unnoticeable) <--Oi!

The idea of the front page is a Chinese paper cut craft to strengthen the Chinese feel.
And it is designed to be like a Chinese scroll, hence the patterns & horizontal alignment. 
I researched about paper cuts and came out with my own design.
Started with an idea sketch
Its shape is meant to be a yin & yang symbol. (Though is not clearly designed if only you really really squint your eyes to observe the flow)
The dragon and his princess are intimate friends, and yin & yang symbolizes harmony.
(Other reason says that the dragon is male and the princess is female <-- true fact)
And a random fact about clouds symbolize spirituality.
I choose Kai font for the title because this font is widely used during the Tang dynasty.

I'm looking forward to see the completion of our group's artbook too!
Thanks for viewing! ^_^




2 comments:

  1. awesome work with the paper cut! It really looks like a paper cut! /gets smack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wanted to ask my ahmah cut too if she knows how LOL

    ReplyDelete