Saturday, February 9, 2013

Maison Food Project 06 - Living Wall Design Part 2

Thanks for bearing the wall of text up till this progress! (Even tho you skipped it heheh )
I'll be sure to reduce the texts here.

So unexpectedly, Design #4 is chosen!
Which is the TREE themed design.
Yes, the least I've unexpected to be.

He wants a tree, but not with that design. 
He decided a quote for me. 
"A society grows great when old men plants trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."

Upon seeing my tree design, he said it does have connection with his quote coincidentally, 
thus he choose that design. 

Thanks to his quote, at least I have the main idea now so I could focus on improvising my design to meet his demands.
This was my 1st sketch. 
But he wants more curvy branches and more thinner branches to look elegant.


Le Explanation of Design above:
The idea is based on your quote... As you can see there's people piling up at the bottom (actually they are supporting each another, pushing upwards) They serve as the root who supports the future society.
The great tree is the outcome of the people below (portrayed as fellow "old men" in the quote) It grew so big and great to support the future. It's a good tree, thus it bared good fruit. Big and small ones. And there's people on top of the tree too. The future society. 



In a night, I came out with another few designs again.
Mainly about different tree's shape since the great tree is the main visual point.


The 1st sketch is chosen.
Not because of the heart shape (as I thought so), he just want curvy branches so that it somehow matches with the menu's curvy borders too.

This is the final outcome of my refined sketch.
It will be produced in sticker form, and spreads across two walls.


He liked the design but unfortunately, the project is canceled due to proposal rejection. :[
So yea, kinda sad but I'll be sure to join if there're more projects in future.

Spoiler: There're might be comic projects coming up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment