Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Maison Food project 01 - Intro & BBQ Logo Design

In November, I took up a small project for "Maison Food".
Maison Food is a new restaurant in Lintas, Sabah.
It's Italian word which means "House of Food".

It was my first official freelance work.
Yes, it's quite challenging despite the simple designs.
But no worries! I enjoyed doing it much.

I was asked to design Maison Food's:
- BBQ Logo
- Business Card
- Title
- Brand Logo
- Menu


So in this post, I shall start with introducing the BBQ logo design including all my progresses.

Why a BBQ logo?
It's actually Maison's trademark because they serve BBQ chicken in most of their dishes.
So this logo will be placed beside the menu's dish name which contains BBQ chicken.

I started with several sketches.
The main points stated are the logo should fit in a square and simple design (due to small size on the menu)

Once the circled design above is chosen, I used Stabilo markers to draw again.
I drew a micro sized (0.6cm x 0.6cm) logo too so that I could estimate the actual size on the menu 

The 4th design is chosen, so I proceed to the finishing in Illustrator.
The style kinda resemble Scenario's but I'm happy that my client complimented it's very cute.
Now the fun comes in...
Spot the differences for each BBQ logo above! (lol)

After much considerations...  
Voila! The one in square is chosen. 

Let's proceed to next stage:  Maison Food project 02 - Business Card design
^_^V



No comments:

Post a Comment